Monday, December 2, 2013

December Daily Day One: FLU and Friends

Yesterday was the beginning of the week, and the beginning of the last month of this year. Quite a significant day in my book. I was hoping to write about it, tell you all about my Thanksgiving trip, grocery shopping for the week and my new menu adventure, share a few ideas for Christmas gifts I want to make….instead, I woke up at 2:30 with the F L U.

That’s right friends, I was not well. I won’t go into the gory details, we all know what comes with the nasty stomach flu. Not a pleasant experience.

I spent the first half of the first of December laying in bed in pain (when not in the bathroom being sick), and the second half on my too-short couch in pain (but fortunately mostly done being sick). On the bright side, I was blessed by my hero for the day (my friend Chelsea) who brought me some flu fighting necessities:

120113 flu

She also brought me two other drinks and two bananas! By the time my pumpkin time rolled around my stomach was feeling better and my headache was going away, so I managed to get a little sleep and woke up feeling tons better. You read it here first friends – to fight the flu you need crackers, soup, Tylenol, and electrolytes. And some TLC from a friendly teddy bear, lots of blankets, soft pillows….a friend or spouse to get all this stuff for you!

I admit that upon waking this morning I was exhausted from my battle; however, I was thankful I had taken the day off work to recover, and I’m ready to get back at it tomorrow! This was by no means the way I wanted to start this month, but I made it thru, and it’s all uphill from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment