Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Teddy Bear Thanksgiving

our thanksgiving feast 1

I had a very nice Thanksgiving feast with Oliver today. We made lots of very yummy food – enough to feed me for a week! We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, biscuits, pasta salad, fruit salad, and jell-o. And pumpkin pie for dessert! Even alone I am blessed!

in the cart at walmart 112112

Oliver helped me out this year. First we went to Wal-Mart to get a few things, including a roasting pan. I usually buy a disposable one but these were cheap and I wanted to try something new this year. It worked great, even without a rack on the bottom (I used tin foil rolled up and coiled).

in the cart at safeway 112112

Next we went to Safeway to get the rest of the food for dinner. Oliver was strapped into the cart to hold my purse, and so no one would take him. He did very well! He held my cell phone and kept track of how much we were spending. Not enough to get a discount on the turkey, but it worked out anyway.

making coffee 112212

This morning Oliver made us some coffee. It wasn’t the Dunkin Donuts, it was actually a mix of French Vanilla Kahlua and 100% Kona fresh from Hawaii (well fresh almost a year ago). It was yummy, and I added some Almond Joy creamer, but I was so busy cooking it got kind of cold. (I drank it anyway).

our turkey in the bath

Oliver wanted to know why the turkey was in the sink, so I told him it was getting a special spa treatment:  cold water bath, deep tissue herbal massage, and a nice tan! He’s such a curious little bear! He takes baths in a washing machine. He wanted to help make dinner this year, so of course I let him.

about to roast

Here he is right before we put the turkey into the oven. I added a random mixture of spices but it turned out great! I love my squishy little helper bear!!

Although I had two very special invitations to share Thanksgiving with friends, I decided to stay home and have a feast with Oliver. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog friend! Oliver you are the bestest bear ever!!! Happy Thanksgiving day to my American friends!

    ReplyDelete