Monday, December 3, 2012

Day Two: Making “Memories”

Yesterday was a long, slow day; I spent almost half of my waking hours in bed fighting a wave a nausea from a migraine that won’t go away. It was like an echo of the previous Sunday, although last week I wasn’t able to get out of bed until almost 4 in the afternoon, so yesterday was better for sure.

While I was up and about, instead of doing the much needed organizing on my mental to-do list, I decided to work on another album project, my own version of “Project Life” that I decided to start recently. I’m using a mini album pattern that contains 28 pockets, so I decided to add a few more and make one album for each month of the next year, beginning on my birthday. I have two in progress – the first will be for April 21-May 20 because of the elaborate floral patterns and colors (I posted a picture on Facebook but it's much cooler in person); the other is titled “Memories” and will be blue, silver, and white. It starts on December 21st and is turning out to be really cute and simple.

Working on albums is relaxing and almost meditative. “Memories” especially, since I know it will be used soon, and I’m using a lot of blues (my favorite color). As I design the layouts and choose which embellishments to include, I’ve been thinking about some things I would like to do in order to fill the pages. And while I was working on the April-May version, I couldn’t help wondering what great things God has in store for my life in the coming months.

Much like the December Daily project I mentioned yesterday, these books will record through photos and journaling my thoughts and experiences in daily life. Having them built ahead of time will help me stay motivated, and hopefully encourage me to get out and experience life more fully! If you would like to join me in this project, I can teach you how to make these albums, or make some and sell them to you. As they say, the more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment