Saturday, June 8, 2013

Snapshot Saturday: Twilight

Before you get too excited anticipating vampires and epic love, this isn’t about that Twilight. This is the first installment of my Snapshot Saturday series, for which I took some photos a few minutes ago; for those of you who aren’t aware of the time it’s just after 9 pm, the sun almost completely set….twilight.

060813 1060813 2060813 5060813 7

These flowers are taking over the hillside outside of my apartment building. They smell great, so although the pollen aggravates my allergies I love walking over to smell them early in the morning when it’s still cool outside. I will be taking some photos of them during the day; I’d like to capture them as a whole, a blanket coming out of the tall grass. However, for this post, I wanted you to really see them. And using a flash when the world is going dark makes that possible.

I found it interesting how the camera would only slightly focus until the actual photo was being taken – so each time it was a pleasant surprise when it showed up on the little screen, to see what the lens had seen but wouldn’t show me, to see  flowers so clearly and brightly when they were so dull as I stood right in front of them. There are twelve photos altogether, the flowers with different shades of purple, as well as a few other random things along the side of the hill.

060813 6

I especially like this one, and it will officially be my snapshot of the day. I love how the camera focuses on the flowers in the background, as though it sees a secret, something hidden from me deep in the grass. I wish I could say it was intentional but honestly it was just a happy accident!

As summer begins I look forward to many more adventures at all hours of the day and night, not just to chronicle my life but to capture moments. It makes me smile to know I can share them with you, too. After all, “If we stop and stare at a flower long enough, it becomes our entire world for just a moment” (author unknown).

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful and I love your comments and how you feel about what you see!

    ReplyDelete