Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Explore Beliefs

2 february

February is now upon us; in fact, two more days and it will be one quarter past already! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies. My Great Aunt (we called her Aunt Grace, because that was her name, and she was my Grandfather’s Aunt), once told me that the older you get, the faster times goes, until you reach a certain age when it slows down again. I suppose that age is different for everyone. She lived to be one day over 101 years. I wonder when it slowed for her.

For me it seems more like an ebb and flow than a constant stream of faster. Some days seem to drag on, while others pass much too quickly.

Of course, none of this has much of anything to do with my One Little Word, other than I have moved from “explore possibilities” in January to “explore beliefs” in February; from “what if….?” to “God said….” My first prompt for this new month (well, technically my last prompt for last month) was “explore a question,” and I almost decided to explore a question of belief. Then I decided “because” was more fun for an art journal. So this next step hasn’t yet been taken.

There’s a song written and performed by the late Rich Mullins that I always think of when pondering my beliefs; it’s called Creed, and you can watch it on YouTube by clicking the title. It has some great shots from Wichita and surrounding areas, as well as from a Compassion International site where he sponsored children.

This song not only has great music (he plays the hammered dulcimer), but it also describes some basic Christian beliefs. Those aren’t what I plan to explore this month. I was thinking more along the lines of what I believe for my life and the things God has commanded as well as promised.

I’m also beginning to work on the second project of the One Little Word program, which involves making a vision board (the first was to make those little cards for each month), so I’ll be posting pictures of that process in a few days. So far I haven’t learned much, but I didn’t really take time to really explore possibilities. I’d like to change that, as well as share more with you, so be watching for more of my random ramblings, and be sure to enjoy this early Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment