Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just Because

week 05 finished (0205)

Here is my finished page for week five. The lighting sucks, as usual, so you can’t really tell that the background colors are red and blue, the “why?” is white, and the hearts are white. Like most things, it’s much more impressive in person! I explored a question (why) with an answer (because), and just slipped in the smile at the bottom. This page actually sits opposite my response to the week one prompts (Superhero Ninja Skills), which is kind of like coming full circle. Except it’s only the end of week five, out of 52. And I don’t like circles. I prefer squares. And even numbers. And tacos. Of course, that will have to be for another time.

In case you were wondering, here’s what the page looked like before I started adding this week’s prompts:

20 2 of hearts 1 (0112 4)

Not super elaborate, but I thought the hearts turned out kind of interesting. I actually made two of them because I messed up the first one experimenting with crackle paint. I painted it blue, then covered it with light brown crackle paint, but instead of letting it dry on its own I used a heat gun. No crackles. So I made another one, and painted it blue, and covered it with crackle paint – and then I let it dry for a while and I had some fun crackle action. It’s actually on a different page in my art journal.

No, I don’t know why I painted them blue if I was just going to cover them with crackle paint. But it made these sort of “heart shadows” for this page, so all is well. And now this page has a purpose (why? because) and I am ready to move on to week six and two more inspiring prompts. Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment