Sunday, February 3, 2013

Smile

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
- Dr. Seuss

week 05 card

A smile is one of the most contagious things we experience. Kind of like a yawn, but more healing. It’s something we learn very early in life – if I smile, I can get out of trouble, or get what I want (those of you with young children know exactly what I’m talking about) – but for some reason we seem to forget it as we get older.

Think about it for a minute – close your eyes and hop aboard my imagination train – what would the world be like if we passed on every smile we received? Have you seen the movie “Pay It Forward”? It would be that same concept, except absolutely free and painless! The world would literally change in a matter of days!

Ok you can hop down off the train now [smile] Another great benefit of the smile is how easily it brings about another healing experience – laughter. How many of you just laughed? I love hearing laughter, especially babies! Just thinking about it makes me smile! Too bad no one is here with me to receive it and pass it on….

No comments:

Post a Comment