Saturday, February 23, 2013

Introductions and Stamp Making

week 08 card

I realize it’s Saturday, which is typically when I post the second card of the week; however, this week has been a little crazy, so I’m posting both of them today. The first card for Week Eight is “introductions”. Although the card has a photo of a man, you don’t have to limit yourself to the introduction of a person.

Other types of introductions include those written by authors, intended to be read before beginning the rest of the book, article, manual, etc.; or the introduction of an event, new technology, the latest toy, and on and on…. There really is no end to the possibilities for this one. In some ways that can be exciting – you can do just about anything! – and in some ways quite overwhelming (I tend to prefer clear boundaries, hence the deck of cards).

week 08 card

The second prompt for Week Eight is “make a stamp”. This is similar to the red deck prompt in Week Two, which was “hand-carved stamp,” except this time your challenge is to find something around the house and use it as a stamp. For the example on my card, I took one of the plastic rolls that was emptied in my ATG and inked one side with red Staz-On ink (this particular ink works great on plastic, metal, etc.). I also used this kind of stamp with paint on my first art journal page:

color wash over ledger paper

The page doesn’t look like this at all anymore (this was the background), but you can still see the circles made from the plastic “stamp”. Great image!

Knowing both prompts at once may alter how you approach this week’s project; don’t resist it, just go with it, and perhaps in the future you’ll want to wait until Saturday to being working. I don’t think it’s ever a bad idea to try something different once in a while. Inspiration will find you, but only if you’re working!

No comments:

Post a Comment