Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Mother's Hands


I've thought about the blog quite often in the past six weeks or so since I last wrote, but this old laptop I'm using is very frustrating, freezing when I try to do things, or not allowing updates necessary to run certain programs. I did get an external hard drive so I can access old files and photos, but it doesn't always cooperate when I need them. However, I have good news for all of my creative friends - I finally got back on track with my weekly art challenge, and will be posting photos and catching you all up on the prompts.

I also wanted to share one today, for Mother's Day, as a special treat for all the special women in my life who are blessed to be mothers. This is a poem I wrote several years ago (I think it's been about eight or nine already!); please don't copy it without getting permission first.

A Mother's Hands
by mellena mae coady

Cooking, cleaning, tying shoes,
Finding things that children lose,
Picking flowers, catching bugs,
Drying tears and giving hugs.

Taking pictures, making games,
Singing songs with silly names,
Watching movies, playing ball,
Drawing on the bedroom wall.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with wooden blocks,
Telling stories, climbing trees,
Kissing cuts and patching knees.

Writing letters, calling friends,
Hoping this day never ends,
Knowing someone understands,
Living life by mother’s hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment