Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Footprints

Today is Wednesday, and it’s time for the first art challenge prompt of Week Two. Here’s the card:

DSCN2656

This card was made with a photo of actual footprints, belonging to my little sister, but the possibilities go way beyond this. There’s the old familiar poem “Footprints” for example. Or anything involving walking, taking a stand, a journey of one kind or another. I would encourage you to try to think “outside the box” when sifting thru different ideas; also, experiment with various images, mediums, or meanings and see what you get. Play. Relax. Make a mess. Have fun!

Sometimes we have to lay down a few extra layers of thought before we can really get to the heart of our inspiration. Don’t be afraid to draw several pictures, or do a Google image search for “footprints” and play around with a few. You might come up with three or four ideas before you find “the one” that really speaks to you.

As for me, I’m not sure which direction I’ll take, other than I’m using these cards for art journal pages. This will be the background layer. I’ll post a picture of what I create in the next couple of days. Be watching for the next card on Saturday, and meanwhile, remember this:  inspiration will come, but it must find you working!

No comments:

Post a Comment