Sunday, January 13, 2013

XPLR

week 02 finished
Here is my finished page for Week Two (footprints and hand-carved stamp). Other than journaling I probably won’t add any more layers. The background is a collage of four maps I took out of a local phone book and pieced together. Next I stamped the “license plate” outline in response to prompt #2 for the week:

week 02 stamp     week 02 stamped image
On the left is the stamp itself, which I carved out of a flat piece of Styrofoam (about half an inch thick). The green parts are the raised areas coated in paint, the white part is where I carved out the insides. On the right is a close-up of the stamped image on the page. I used green Staz-On Ink and Stampabilities alphabet clear stamps to write “xplr” inside the “license plate”. After that was done, I basically dug through some paper scraps for travel-themed embellishments. I also used a few shipping tags for journaling, and a 3 3/8”x6” coin envelope. I finished by stamping a quote with some small letter stamps and black Archival ink.

I hope you all are giving yourself a chance to break thru the walls of your inner critic and do some artistic exploration of your own. Week Three Prompt #1 will be posted Wednesday; if you’re following along, we’re off to a great start! And remember, I’d love to share some of your own creations, so send them on over!

No comments:

Post a Comment