Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Superhero Ninja Skills

Today marks the beginning of week two for the year 2013; however, it’s also the end of week one of my new art challenge. In case you missed it, I’m going to draw one card from each of two decks, one on Wednesday and one on Saturday, and the two cards drawn for this week were:
week 1           week 1
The cards themselves were done in a way that helps illustrate the prompt, but there are no rules or limits to what can be done. Here’s what I came up with:

week one background

That’s my “symmetrical background” made with blue and red cardstock. My pages are 9”x12”, so each square is cut to 2.25”x3”. I just glued them down.

week one drawing one          week one drawing two

For the “practice drawing” part I drew two things. The Superman logo using directions from this website, and the ninja from this website.

week one finished

This is the page put together. It’s not finished yet, but one of the great things about making art journal pages is that you can keep adding layer after layer until you’re happy with the result. I’ll post pictures of it as I add to it, but for now, this is my response to this week’s prompts. New one from deck blue tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment