Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Book It!

I own books. I don’t want to say “a lot” because what really constitutes a lot? I have over 200. Not sure how much over, probably closer to 300, but I didn’t take the time to count them all. I may do that one of these days. Instead, I counted the ones I haven’t read yet....and guess what! There are 118!!

That’s right my friends, I own 118 books that I haven’t read yet. And honestly, that’s not really even all of them. There were some I didn’t count for various reasons. The point is, I promised myself I would read all of the books I own before I go out and buy more. The thing is, I’d have to average about 2.5 books a week to get these read by the end of July 2013! That’s a lot of reading my friends! And no re-reading any that I’ve read before, which I actually enjoy doing quite often.

So I’m officially making a pledge, to all of you out there in cyberspace reading this, to read all 118 books before I allow myself to buy new ones. With the exception of books for work, my Masters classes (although I shouldn’t need to buy any more for that), and my art. I’ll try to post when I finish one for some sort of accountability, and to share with all of you what I discovered. Books are, after all, kind of like treasure maps – and tonight my journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment