Saturday, August 18, 2012

Where’s My Compass?


“The greatest thing in the world is not as much where we stand as in what direction we’re moving.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes


walking ride
Sometimes the greater importance lies in the act of moving, as opposed to the destination, or even the journey. Just being able to get up and go can be a very profound experience. I read another quote that said, “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” (Will Rogers).

I tend to move through life at a very laid back pace. However, when it comes to finishing a task – especially if it’s something I find interesting and/or intellectually stimulating – I can get things done pretty quickly. The point is that I’m moving, I’m doing, I’m creating, I’m not just sitting there waiting for life to happen.

I don’t know where I’ll be a year from now, or even a few months. But I know that I’m moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. just keep swimming just keep swimming! (KB)

    ReplyDelete