Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Moments

“We do not remember days, we remember moments.”
~ Cesare Pavese

Looking back over my thirty-one years of life, I realize the truth in these words. And you know I love finding such profound truth in such simple statements.

At first it doesn’t seem quite right; you may be thinking, “Hey, I remember my tenth birthday,” or “I’ll never forget my wedding day.” But look a little closer. What do you really remember? That’s right my friends, it’s the moments. A whole collection of them on some days, others are just tiny snippets of a season in our lives.

DSCN0389

Sometimes we manage to capture those moments of our lives on film. (This one was taken by someone special to me, and shows the comfort side of Oliver.) A photograph becomes the representation of all of our thoughts and feelings of that one moment. Then the moments grow into something so powerful we tell their stories over and over again until it’s all we remember from that experience. And the years go by, and one day we look back and realize that the pictures have come to represent days or even months.

And yet….it’s always still the moments we come back to. Especially the ones that change us. We never forget the moments that change our lives. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment