Friday, August 10, 2012

Risky Business

“Only those that risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go.”
~ T.S. Eliot

climbing fence

I’ve been getting back into crafting recently, something I’ve loved since I was a small child, and haven’t been able to do for a while. It amazes me how the one thing that I know will help me let go is the one thing I can’t seem to do when life gets overwhelming. But it's never too late to pick up where I left off.

Well I’m out of the cave now, and as of yesterday afternoon, out of a very stressful working situation. And I’ve found my art again.

At the same time, I’ve found a new freedom to take risks. I’m letting myself explore and experiment in ways I never realized I was resisting before. And the really fun thing I’ve learned is that I’m not really learning something new, I’m just learning to see my old way of doing things in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment