Saturday, August 11, 2012

When A Shower Brings A Rainbow

“When a shower brings a rainbow, we hardly remember getting wet!”
~ Author Unknown

when a shower brings a rainbow

Storms are great metaphors for so many things in life! And rainbows have come to mean different things, but for me they will always represent God’s promises to us. So when I hear this quote, I think about things in my life that are stressful, and how when God brings me thru them, I hardly remember why.

Literally speaking, I love storms! Especially in the spring or early summer, when it’s a downpour and I get soaked within minutes. I love going out and standing in the middle of the rain and closing my eyes….and just listening to the storm speak. It’s so hard to explain what it says, but I know some of you can relate. It’s nothing like the metaphoric storms in our lives, it’s refreshing and invigorating, and the power it demonstrates makes you feel so….alive.

I recently came through a storm in my life, and now that I’ve seen the rainbow – I’m still seeing it, and I’m in such a great mood! – I haven’t forgotten getting wet, but I’ve decided to turn the memory of it into one that does what actual rain does; I’m going to let it refresh me, and help me feel alive, as I move forward into the sunlight and fresh air. Life’s storms shouldn’t be forgotten, even when we’ve dried off; without the rain, we’d have no rainbows!

1 comment: