Monday, August 20, 2012

Play for Me

“Music is what feelings sound like.”
~ Author Unknown

yellow guitar

How many of you sing at the top of your voice in your car when you hear a song you like on the radio? Do you find yourself nodding your head and tapping your pen as you sit in a Starbucks listening to your iPod? Or dancing around the living room in your underwear when you think no one is watching?

Self-expression comes in many forms. Music is a big part of many of them. It’s a universal language that never grows old, and even what’s old will become new again. Although I must say – 80’s music? Seriously? Can anyone name five good songs that came out in that decade?? I dare you.

Anyway, I could listen to a few of my friends play piano for hours. Or guitar. There’s something soothing about the sound of an acoustic guitar in the background. Especially in the mountains, camping. I don’t know how to play the guitar very well, mostly because my fingers are too short to reach around the neck and hold down the strings. I got a child’s guitar to help that problem but then I just look silly! Besides, I’d rather marry a guy who plays guitar….totally hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment