Friday, August 3, 2012

Take A Moment with Me

“If we stop and stare at a flower long enough, it will become our entire world for just a moment.” ~ Author Unknown

DSCN0392

I love this photo because it contains two moments:  you’re drawn in by the bright yellow, a color promising optimism and creativity; but you can’t stay focused on it for long, it's too bright, so your eyes move on to the red behind it. The red is so subtle, almost hiding in the shadow of the yellow, encouraging it to be bright and bloom. And yet, at the same time, the brightness from the yellow reflects back onto the red, making it a little brighter, too.

This reminds me of the song, “Wind Beneath My Wings” and Beaches, the movie in which it was featured. I admit I always thought the song was lame, and I made up a sort of parody of it when I was a kid. Until I saw the movie. Listening to the lyrics in the context of losing her best friend to cancer – it made me cry!

“It must have been cold there in my shadow/To never have sunlight on your face/And you were content to let me shine/You always walked a step behind/I was the one with all the glory/While you were the one with all the strength/Only a face without a name/I never once heard you complain/[chorus] Did you ever know that you’re my hero/And everything I would like to be/I can fly higher than an eagle/Cause you were the wind beneath my wings.”

1 comment:

  1. I liked this blog,,I lost my mom to cancer :( (KB)

    ReplyDelete