Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Directions

“Fifty years from now when you’re looking back at your life, don’t you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?” ~ Sam Witwicky

While I’m not usually in a position to save the world, I’m often faced with tough decisions that will change my world. I want to be able to look back fifty years from now and say I did my best, I did what I had to do, I followed God - I stepped out on nothing, and landed on something.

changes

I had an interview today, and was offered a job at a new school, one where team work and communication are top priorities, where my ideas and experiences will be sought after and I will work with others that want to teach me and mentor me. This is just one more step forward, a great next step in the journey that I’ve been on this summer. It’s a big change, but a great one. I know it will be hard at times; but God never says life will be easy, He just says it will be worth it.

Another quote I really like is “Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather that it shall never have a beginning” ~ John Henry Newman. I find myself thinking things like “I’ll do that tomorrow,” or “I’ll wait til the first of the month to start that,” but tomorrow never comes, and the first of the month flies by without anything changing. So why not start right now? What am I waiting for? I should just get in the car. The only real question is….which one?

LA rest stop

No comments:

Post a Comment