Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Brain Twister

Are you ready for this? The fourth and final of today’s special holidays? Yes, it’s a little late to celebrate, but I had a lot of homework to do, and this last one is kind of a strange one, so the odds of you actually celebrating are pretty slim. Today is also “Day Out of Time Day.”

See? Weird. But I can explain. Someone told me recently that I’m good at explaining things. So there’s this thing called the 13 Moon Calendar. It’s not set up the same as the typical Gregorian calendar that we all use. And here’s the cool part:  on their calendar, today isn’t a day. The year ends on July 24th and the next begins on July 26th. I can't explain that part. I have no idea why. Something about the mathematics of the original Mayan calendar and dreams.

It’s supposed to be a day to celebrate time as art, and to embrace peace in the world. I’m not sure that’s what I would want to do if I had a whole day every year that didn’t count against me. Although to be honest, I can’t say for sure what I would do. I already have too much free time. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment