Monday, July 9, 2012

A Sweet Treat

Are you ready for this? Today is National Sugar Cookie Day! I waited until after dinner to tell you in case you read this right away and wanted to eat one.

Honestly, I would be much happier if it were National Snickerdoodle Day; sugar cookies are good, but Snickerdoodles are my favorite. Not just for their taste. I love how the word sounds, and how it feels to say it! Go ahead. Say it out loud. Just once. Snickerdoodle. Did you giggle?

In honor of this specially sweet day, I decided to buy some sugar cookies at Wal-Mart. They come in a cute little box of twelve, and they’re super soft and yummy! And even thought it’s still uncomfortably warm, I decided to have a hot drink with them, a little Hazelnut cafĂ©. Can you say “comfort food”? [smile]

The idea behind this day is to have some fun with your family; get the kids together, gather around the kitchen table, and make a mess. I'm sure you'll also get some cookies out it! Sugar cookies are one of the best kind for making with kids because the decorating options are so diverse! You can use cookie cutters to make them into different shapes, too! If you decide to make some, I’d love to hear about it, and to see photos if you decorate them!

One more thing before I go; I wanted to share a photo I found online that made me laugh (out loud):
sugar cookies
Not really my style, but still kind of funny! I found it on Google images, but it’s from www.howdoesshe.com.

1 comment:

  1. Were they Lofthouse cookies? Those are our favorite brand of frosted sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete